The HI720 Checker®HC (Handheld Colorimeter) is a simple, accurate, and cost effective way to measure calcium. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI720 provides quick, accurate results in a few easy steps.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Water quality, Environmental, Plating, Education
Calcium Checker Troubleshooting Tips
- Never rinse your cuvettes with tap water or saltwater.
- Use pure vapor distilled water from your local pharmacy at C1 phase. RODI water from home filtration units may not be suitable for this test as calcium can easily permeate through your filter membranes.
- Clean your cuvettes with distilled or deionized water absent of Calcium that is going to be used for C1 phase dilution.
- Measure out 9 ml of distilled or deionized water for C1 phase.
- Make sure no excess aquarium sample saltwater is on the tip of the pipette. Only administer the saltwater that is sucked into the pipette tip.
Range 0.00 - 2.70 ppm Resolution 0.01 ppm Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F ±5% of reading ± 0.20 ppm Light Source LED @ 525 nm Light Detector silicon photocell Method adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Calmagite method. The reaction between calcium and reagents causes a reddish-violet tint in the sample. Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing Battery Type (1) 1.5V AAA Auto-off after ten minutes of non-use Dimensions 81.5mm x 61mm x 37.5mm (3.2" x 2.4" x 1.5”) Weight 64 g (2.25 oz.) Ordering Information HI720 Checker®HC is supplied with 2 cuvettes and caps, reagent starter kit (6 packets of reagent), 1 X 1.5X AAA battery, and an instruction manual Warranty 1 year limited warranty